Even Distribution

Bob Sneidar bobsneidar at iotecdigital.com
Fri Apr 17 10:27:09 EDT 2020

Wait, what? You didn’t mention that!

Okay we do service for copiers in the greater LA area. We assign territories for every technician and every customer. Also, the nearest technician to any zone may be called upon to service another technician’s copiers if the assigned technician is unavailable.

If we hire a new technician, the zones are adjusted. Every so often we review the location of active devices and may rezone for that as well. This is not a math problem, it is a logistics one.

This does not in and of itself evenly distribute jobs, but if the zoning is properly done, over time the distribution is fairly even. Other factors may need to be taken into account, like frequency of job orders in certain areas (people at the beach may want their cars washed twice a week instead of once).

Bob S