A short question about Xcode

Graham Samuel livfoss at mac.com
Thu Apr 16 13:11:29 EDT 2020

I’m following the LC lesson 'How do I build an iOS application?’. I think I’ve done everything they mention, and I have my Apple developer credentials and three iOS devices registered. I have saved my iOS app as a standalone. But when I get to this instruction about getting my app on a real device:

> 1) Open Xcode
>
> 2) In the 'Window' menu select "Devices"
>
> 4) Select your connected iOS device
>
> 5) Drag standalone app to "Installed Apps" section of device window
>
> Your app should now be on your device

There is nothing in the Devices section for me to select (plenty of stuff in the Simulators, but so what?). Do I have to fiddle with keychain or particular folders or what? I have no idea what to do next (not for the first time!).

Graham