a QR Code reader for iOS and Android?

Monte Goulding monte at appisle.net
Mon Apr 13 18:47:51 EDT 2020

> On 14 Apr 2020, at 8:30 am, kee nethery via use-livecode <use-livecode at lists.runrev.com> wrote:
>
> I see that the Android Barcode Library can scan QRcodes. That’s great.
>
> I see that mergeAVCam can scan barcodes of various types for ios and mac as specified by mergAVCamBarcodeTypes(). I could potentially use these two libraries to scan any QR code.
>
> On my Mac when I run "put mergAVCamBarcodeTypes()” in the message box, it returns an empty list. Does that mean that Livecode can’t scan any barcode type on my Mac? That seems bizarre.

mergAVCam is not supported on mac since we have the camera control in the engine.

Last I checked the AVFoundation barcode detection was not implemented in the macOS version of that framework either but it seems it has been in Catalina so I’ll raise this internally as a possibility.

Ideally we would extend the android barcode scanner widget to be cross platform.

Cheers

Monte