Livecode and AWS Sql

matthias_livecode_150811 at m-r-d.de matthias_livecode_150811 at m-r-d.de
Sun Apr 12 05:09:09 EDT 2020

> Am 12.04.2020 um 01:11 schrieb Bob Sneidar via use-livecode <use-livecode at lists.runrev.com>:
>
> Same as on Windows, but the difference is that Microsoft has built in drivers for SQL Server, mySQL and some other things.
Yes, MS Windows has included a SQL Server ODBC driver. But, if i remember correct, then you need more current ones if you want  to use special features of the news SQL Server versions.
We are still using the builtin ones, as our SQL Servers still are run in 2005 compatibility mode. I am not sure this is the correct expression, but i am sure you know what i mean.

It´s a pity that LC does not have built-in MSSQL drivers which allow to directly communicate with the MSSQL Server without the need of ODBC. It would make so much things easier.