Build for Windows 32 bit vs. x86-64 in 9.5.1?

scott at elementarysoftware.com scott at elementarysoftware.com
Sun Apr 12 00:53:55 EDT 2020

Some of my users (who are still using the 32 bit version of Windows 7) pointed out that they couldn’t run the fancy “new” executable I posted… which I had newly compiled as 64 bit. So, that was a reason for me to go back and recompile as 32 bit. On Windows I suspect that most apps don't actually benefit much from 64 bit.
—
Scott Morrow

Elementary Software
(Now with 20% less chalk dust!)