Video format for mobile

Klaus major-k klaus at major-k.de
Thu Apr 9 14:46:04 EDT 2020

Hi Tom,

> Am 09.04.2020 um 20:34 schrieb Tom Glod via use-livecode <use-livecode at lists.runrev.com>:
>
> Hi Richard, thats exactly what they did.
>
> Now if only would could get a LC and CEF build with that. Do you think it
> would be a lot of work to add the codec to LC player and a build of CEF to
> go with it?

the x264 codec is 100% compatible to the h264 codec!

Almost all of my videos are encoded with HANDBRAKE which uses the x264 codec,
been ripping my own DVDs some years ago, and all of them play fine on my (not so )
smart TV, in a player object and a browser widget in LC.

Or do you mean LC should implement that codec right into the engine?

Best

Klaus

--
Klaus Major