Video format for mobile

Tom Glod tom at makeshyft.com
Thu Apr 9 00:17:15 EDT 2020

my guess is the LC player does not have h264 codec..... its a codec that
carries a license fee and agreement. I hope one day it can be included in
an indy license and maybe the CEF can be built with the h264 codec.

That would be really good for business.

CHeers

Tom

On Thu, Apr 9, 2020 at 12:12 AM J. Landman Gay via use-livecode <

> Thanks. The Mac won't play it, which is odd (usually in Finder a media
> thumbnail will play) and the Mac suggests QT as a default app, wbich is no
> longer supported officially.
>
> I will try it on mobile when I get farther along, but for now I'd like to
> debug on Mac during development. The LC player is blank when I set the
> filename, presumably because it doesn't support QT either.
>
> --
> Jacqueline Landman Gay | jacque at hyperactivesw.com
> On April 8, 2020 9:48:52 PM Jerry Jensen via use-livecode
> <use-livecode at lists.runrev.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi J,
> > AAC is Advanced Audio Compression - successor to MP3.
> > https://fileinfo.com/extension/aac
> > Hope this will help you figure out how to play it.
> > .Jerry
> >
> >> On Apr 8, 2020, at 4:10 PM, J. Landman Gay via use-livecode
> >> <use-livecode at lists.runrev.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> I asked this before, looking for the best format for video files on
> both
> >> Android and iOS. Colin suggested H.264 as the codec, and MP4 as the
> file
> >> format. I have a video with those specs but it won't play in the LC
> player,
> >> and the Mac wants to open it with QuickTime. VLC will play it.
> >>
> >> Get Info shows the codec as H.264, AAC. The file extension is mp4. Is
> AAC
> >> the problem (that's the audio format, right?) What should it be?
> >>
> >> I haven't tried it on mobile yet, but if it needs QT I'm pretty sure it
> >> won't work.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com
> >> HyperActive Software           |     http://www.hyperactivesw.com