Go to card has become slow

doc hawk dochawk at gmail.com
Mon Apr 6 12:25:12 EDT 2020

On Apr 5, 2020, at 11:18 AM, Bob Sneidar via use-livecode <use-livecode at lists.runrev.com> wrote:

> I don’t think LC accepts multiple statement transactions at all, does it?

I’d be dead int the water if it didn’t. ;)

I’m flat out *dependent* on these—opening a debtor in my software requires several hundred entries to be pulled, and at event few milliseconds of latency, this would be brutal.  I had an old version running with livecode’s mySQL version several years ago, and even after coming back for it to finish loading, the overhead from latenciy for repeated transactions made it simply unusable ( I think this was before I was stashing in a memory SQLite.  [I started with a file-bases SQLITE and an array of internal variables, and with a couple of intermediate steps, ended up with :memory: SQLite, and asynchronously  tapping Postgres every 30 seconds or so with updates.