Script Only Stack Properties

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Sat Apr 4 14:14:40 EDT 2020

Bob Sneidar wrote:

 > I just discovered an interesting aspect of script only stacks. They
 > CAN have Custom Properties… but ONLY while in memory! Once closed, the
 > properties disappear. Seems like a slight mod would be able to save
 > these properties as a separate file so that they can remain
 > persistent.

Yep. So much of the difficulty folks have had using SoS come from just
over-thinking them.

A stack is a stack is a stack.

With script-only stacks there is one distinction: the storage format
contains only the stack script, and optionally a behavior reference.

That's it.

Everything else you can do with a stack at runtime can be done with any
stack, regardless of its storage format.

Indeed, nearly everything we see in the IDE these days are SoS.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems