No subject

Ralph DiMola rdimola at evergreeninfo.net
Fri Apr 3 17:27:26 EDT 2020

Graham,

This my distance calculation for what it's worth.

Function distance lat1, lon1, lat2, lon2, unit
   -- Calculate Distance between to points
   --
   --lat1, lon1, lat2, lon2 are in deg.fractionalDegrees
   -- Unit

   Put lon1 - lon2 into theta
   put Sin(deg2rad(lat1)) * Sin(deg2rad(lat2)) + Cos(deg2rad(lat1)) * Cos(deg2rad(lat2)) * Cos(deg2rad(theta)) into dist

   put Acos(dist) into dist
   put rad2deg(dist) into dist
   put dist * 60 * 1.1515 into dist

   switch unit