How to find the column and row of a basic tableField

Pi Digital sean at pidigital.co.uk
Thu Apr 2 14:57:15 EDT 2020

Curry

This winds me up a treat! Your point number 6:

> It has been available as a one-line function call without rolling your own since at least 2012 with SpreadLib.

is totally unreasonable if you are claiming there IS a one line use case but ONLY if we buy into some spreadsheet library. That’s not the same in any way as something available natively. SpreadLib wasn’t mentioned in any previous solutions in these threads.

And 3&4:

> 3. Can we figure out which field column was clicked? YES!
>
> 4. Have we had this ability (#3) for a long time? YES! Since LC/RR 1.0 at least.

Again, as before in the other thread, you make these statement but give no example code to show it. This is damned infuriating as it keeps us hunting around in the dark.

It’s great that you have this wealth of knowledge and information and that you ‘like to prevent headaches before they happen’. But making statements with no examples to back them up is only adding to my headache and doesn’t feel particularly ethical overall. It’s just hoarding the knowledge you have without properly educating us pathetic fake news mongers underneath you. Telling us it can be done is no help when we would benefit from your ability to teach practically.

Knowledge is power. For with it you can empower others.

Many thanks and get well soon.

Sean