Ordering text

Terence Heaford theaford at btinternet.com
Thu Apr 2 04:07:10 EDT 2020

I agree that is why I have concluded to do the calc in LC.

However, I can’t store the balance one time in SQL as the balance value changes depending on which records are selected and the sort order(which may be by different columns).

So it is not just a schema issue, it started out as a LC issue because LC doing a "put text before” vs a “put text after” has real performance issues.

If you read my solution which is a bit of sqlite (sum) and then do a “put text after” it sorts out the bottleneck which is actually in LC’s (put text before).

I tried put merge("SELECT *,SUM (amount) OVER (ORDER BY recID) AS balance FROM myAccountName") into tSQL in response to a suggestion in this thread and so others do not wander down a dead end posted my result which shows that it has poor performance. Whether that is as a result of LC’s SQLite implementation or just SQLite I do not know.

Thanks for your interest and suggestions.

Best Regards

Terry