Tar and a gz Archive [OT]

Sean Cole (Pi) sean at pidigital.co.uk
Wed Apr 1 22:40:13 EDT 2020

I'm using

*put* shell("unzip -p '" & tZipPath & "'") into tTDProductList
-p is because it's password protected. It'll extract all contents
recursively. If you don't want it recursive you need to specify either what
you do want or don't want extracted. To specify just one file you want to
extract just add the subpath to it at the end, eg:

'unzip c:/myfile.zip subdir/subdir2/aFile.txt'

To exclude a file use the -x tag:

'unzip -x c:/myfile.zip subdir/subdir2/aFile.txt'

use unzip --help or --man to find out other uses. If unzip is not installed
(which it should be for Debian, CentOS and Ubuntu) then use:  sudo apt
install unzip

Sean Cole
*Pi Digital *

On Thu, 2 Apr 2020 at 01:58, Ralph DiMola via use-livecode <