help with mobileSetKeyboardType

Dan Friedman dan at clearvisiontech.com
Thu Sep 26 14:31:01 EDT 2019

I am having some trouble with mobileSetKeyboardType.  Can anyone tell me why mobileSetKeyboardType works with this:

mobileSetKeyboardType "number"
ask "Enter a number"

But it doesn’t work with this:

mobileSetKeyboardType "number"
mobileControlCreate "input","_editingField"
mobileControlSet "_editingField","rect","20,20,200,60"
mobileControlSet "_editingField","text","123"
mobileControlSet "_editingField","visible",true
mobileControlDo "_editingField","focus"

Doesn't seem to matter what I set mobileSetKeyboardType to or when I set it.  It always shows the "normal" keyboard.

Using LiveCode Business 9.5.0, testing on a iPhone X

-Dan