Stacks and Sub Stacks

Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami brahma at hindu.org
Wed Sep 25 10:43:10 EDT 2019

Related:

if you have this in the message box.

put the openstacks

you only get the

  1.  presently open binary stacks
  2.  any script only stack that you explicitly  have open in the IDE

But, can you we a list of all stacks available to the message path "right now"

We can query the stack files, but they are included with stack, but not necessarily open.

Another say to put this is when doing a

start using "MyControls.livecodescript"

…later on, how do you query for all stacks "open" by "start using"

BR

Hi.
You probably mean script-only stacks.
Substacks are just stacks, but they live in the same file as the mainStack. It helps with organization, and when you save one, you save them all. You can only have one mainStack, but as many subStacks as you like.
For me, I have projects that use substacks for, say, data entry. The subStack is built just for that purpose.
When making a standalone, substacks are included in the final package.
Just practice a bit.
Craig