Access Resource Files

JB sundown at pacifier.com
Fri Sep 20 05:11:54 EDT 2019

Hi Klaus,

Thanks for the info!  A file path alone does not work for me.

Here is what I have tried.

In the Stack Script;

global dirName

on openStack
   put the defaultFolder into dirName
end openStack

—From a button on a card;

global dirName

on mouseUp
  --/Users/JB/Desktop/Buss X-82/Buss X-82.app/Contents/Resources/myPic.jpg
  put dirName & "/Buss X-82.app/Contents/Resources/myPic.jpg/" into fPath
  put fPath
end mouseUp

That is how I can get a file path but using this path will not work if the path
directs to a bundle but it will work if the file is not in a bundle.

That being said how do I go about copying this file with specialfolderpath() ?
Do I need to go to the standalone settings and add the file using copy files
section and then from within my app I can copy that file but if I add it my
self after the .app is made I will not be able to copy it?

Are you saying this will return the path to my resource in my app and let
me copy it to the desktop?  Do you have some more examples of copying
the file with this procedure?

JB