Guess encoding for text file...

Paul Dupuis paul at researchware.com
Wed Sep 18 17:27:46 EDT 2019

I am sure my routine could be optimized some for performance. My
consideration of doing this via OSX/Windows API using LCB FFI is only
partially about performance. I think an advantage is that the OS vendors
(with way more resources than me) are more likely to keep the algorithms
reflecting up to date best practices (I know some of you will laugh at
that).  Additionally, I might hope that, at some point, LiveCode
corporate might consider taking it over if it was an collaborative open
source effort LCB library than a LCS script.