LC Server UT08 Encode Error

Rick Harrison harrison at all-auctions.com
Fri Sep 13 18:10:27 EDT 2019

Hi Bob and Dar,

Thanks for getting back to me on this.

After going through the LC list archives,
I came across a helpful tool called
"Unicode Checker” that was originally
suggested by Richmond Mathewson.
(Thanks for that by the way.)

There is a nice little utility inside of it that
allowed me to compare the string from
Pages that I pasted to the the string that
I had cleaned with BBEdit.  The only
differences found was a 000A <control>
and a few 00A0 (NO-BREAK SPACEs).

I suspect it is the control character really
screwing things up. (I don’t know how
it got into the string.)

I am not using the accept-charset attribute
in the <form> statement.  If not specified
it is supposed to use the default which I’m
guessing is UTF-8.  I supposed I could try
a test with the attribute specified to see if
it makes any difference.

Thanks,

Rick