OT: Catalina - the end of ad hoc & in-house development?

Sean Cole (Pi) sean at pidigital.co.uk
Wed Sep 11 08:42:49 EDT 2019

On Wed, 11 Sep 2019 at 09:25, Richard Gaskin via use-livecode <

> Would it be feasible for these ad hoc apps to be built using the Community
> Edition?I have an idea...Richard GaskinFourth World Systems

This is a really good point, Peter. Let LC do all the 'hoop-jumping' and
have your family and friends run your small one-off apps as an LC stack
inside the community edition.

Alternatively, boycott Apple if your distaste for them has increased so
much and just leave that issue between them and the larger developers who
don't seem so bothered about it.

>From *my* standpoint, I LIKE (nay, Love!!) the idea that they are making it
harder for hackers to hack our beloved Macs and increase the divide between
them and crappy Windoze and Hemeroid devices. Linux is the other option if
you really hate yourself and want to put yourself and your family/friends
through that level of pain ( I use it because I have to but wouldn't wish
it on others).

I hope you find a solution that works for you and you find some level of
peace.

Pi