Using LiveCode & AppleScript to make mouse selection in another Mac application

Ben Rubinstein benr at cogapp.com
Tue Sep 10 16:14:45 EDT 2019

Hi Tom and Martin,

Thanks for the responses. That's where I'm at the moment; the problem is that
I AFAICT I can click at a position using System Events; but I can't click at
one location and release at another. The issue is that I'm trying to make a
rectangular selection, encompassing a number of elements; rather than trying
to select an actual element.

This is actually to crop each page of a many page PDF, using the rectangular
selection tool in either Preview or PDFpen. (AFAICT ImageMagick is no good
because it rasterises PDF pages before cropping them, whereas I want to retain
  all the PDF fidelity goodness, but just mask each page.)

I can click: but I can't mouse down in one location, and release it in another.

Ben