encoding woes!?

Klaus major-k klaus at major-k.de
Tue Oct 29 16:12:19 EDT 2019

Hi all,

I don't really understand this, but this finally does the job:
put "</body></html>" after tText
## NO encoding before setting the htmltext!?
set the htmltext of widget "source" to tText

put textencode(tText,"UTF-8") into tNewText
put tNewText into url("file:" & Kommunikations_ordner() & "kommunikation.html")
Now loading that file again into the widget looks as exspected, pheeeewwww! :-)

> Am 29.10.2019 um 19:44 schrieb Klaus major-k via use-livecode <use-livecode at lists.runrev.com>:
>
> Hallo Hermann,
>
>> Am 29.10.2019 um 19:14 schrieb hh via use-livecode <use-livecode at lists.runrev.com>:
>>
>> Did you check the encoding of test.html
>> with BBEdit (should be Unicode (UTF-8))?
> yes, BBEdit shows "Unicode (UTF-8)" in the bottom bar.
> That is what's puzzling me...

Best and thanks to all

Klaus

--