Livecodeshare/SampleStacks

Erik Beugelaar e.beugelaar at me.com
Mon Oct 28 04:28:58 EDT 2019

Richard, no problem checking. It looks promising.

A little bit of myself and a very late introduction ;-)
I have been following LiveCode from 2010 resulting in a license of 5.5. Because of my professional work (Visual Basic 6/T-SQL followed up by C#/SQL Server/ASP .NET until now and a bit of Dart/Flutter) I had not enough time to put my hands really on it but reading the docs, the forum and RunRev Magazine (!) was a pleasant hobby in my spare time. In 2014 I was contacted by Packt Publishing if I was interested in reviewing a new book called LiveCode Mobile Development Cook Book written by Dr. Edward Lavieri, https://www.shorturl.at/bMR27  If you scroll down you can read why I was interested doing the review. I like to do programming using visual development tools because it was a blessing after developing business apps with good old Clipper (5.x using OO libraries) so many years in qEdit (!). I knew from Kevin in 2014 that HQ was working hard to implement an open standard as replacement of the old way extensions were built in 5.5. That process took some time so I didn't renew my license. When it became interesting (FFi implementation) I renewed my license from 6.x up till now (Indy).
Because of a professional switch in my career, I now have more time to dive really deep in the philosophy of LiveCode and become a contributing member starting first to refresh my knowledge about the messaging system, design patterns (Levure!) etc, LiveCode Script ending with LiveCode Builder. My hands are burning!
I have collected an intensive folder with libraries, scripts etc from die hard LiveCode developers I followed all the years so I hope within a period of 6 months to be comfortable writing programs in LiveCode and help fixing the bug list ;-)

All the best,
Erik Beugelaar
https://www.solidit.nl
Amsterdam, The Netherlands

On 28/10/2019, 03:11, "use-livecode on behalf of Richard Gaskin via use-livecode" <use-livecode-bounces at lists.runrev.com on behalf of use-livecode at lists.runrev.com> wrote:

    Erik Beugelaar wrote:
    > Me too no problems loading GoLiveNet  (LiveCode 9.5 Indy)

    Thanks for checking that, Erik.  If you do come across an issue please
    let me know. I have contact info in LiveNet, and of course you can
    always write me at the address below.

    LiveNet is fairly simple today, mostly serving as an example of the ease
    and utility of downloaded stack files. But I have some plans for
    expanding it if I can get the time, so keeping the current underpinnings
    working well through LC changes remains a keen interest.

    --
       Richard Gaskin
       Fourth World Systems