Weird macOS error dialog

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Fri Oct 25 20:35:23 EDT 2019

After installing LC 9.5 on macOS "Catalina", when I run it I get a
system alert I've never seen before:

  "LiveCode Indy 9.5.0" wants access to
  control "System Events". Allowing control
  will provide access to documents and data
  in "System Events", and to perform actions
  within that app."

What fresh hell is this?  Is this something all of our users will be seeing?

I'm guessing (because there's not much in that text for actually
knowing) that this occurs with some Apple event and/or AppleScript use -
is that correct?

Anyone know how to never see that weird thing again? (Other than just
clicking "OK", which users will do but is never a good idea unless they
fully understand the implications, which I don't believe is possible in
this case given the vague wording).

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems