... in iOS 13....

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Sun Oct 20 14:21:30 EDT 2019

Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami wrote:
> Bill: A few us at the monastery run 32bit applications that have
> announced EOL
> due to Catalina… as are many programs: the market share does not
> warrant ROI
> for developing 64bit… (including my old favorite DragThing ☹)
>
> Our tech team (supersavvy network/server admins) have set up Parallels
> for one
> of us, and they say he will be able to run a 32bit astrology
> application "forever" .
>
> What my worry is, is that perhaps Catalina’s new security settings
> won’t allow
> booting from an external drive. That would completely eliminate my
> option of
> having a 32 bit OS option for running older 32 bit software.
>
> Anybody have any info relevant to this issue? Or perhaps I’m just being
> paranoid
> (totally justifiably)

If only there was an operating system designed by and for developers,
supported by a vast ecosystem that values control, customization, and
interoperability....

How unimaginibably cool would it be if such an OS were also the de facto
standard of modern computing in all areas beyond the desktop, giving you
the confidence that the system in your hands works just like the others
you use in servers, IoT devices, and everything else in the
ubiquitous-computing world you design for....

If only such a thing existed, you could still enjoy every other OS
LiveCode runs on for testing, deployment, and support, or even for some
end-user tasks like specialized kinds of media production. Consumer
electronics appliances could be enjoyed for what they are, and all the
while your bread-and-butter development system would always remain
something that prioritizes your preferences over those of any single
corporation....

#LivingTheDream

;)

--