launch & quit

Paul Hibbert paul at livecode.org
Sun Oct 13 15:44:37 EDT 2019

I’ve used quit before on Mac with no problems, so I tried a few tests and it still seems to work fine for me (even with your mismatch variable tError/tErrormEssage).

I tried both with and without generating a deliberate error and it quit straight away, so I’d guess there may be something else causing the delay.

One thing I did notice was that when testing in the IDE the app being launched is brought to the front, but in a standalone the app being launched stayed in the background until I changed the quit command to:

   send “quit" to me in 10 ticks

This seems to give the app time to launch and come to the front, but the time seems to be be dependant on the size of the app, I tested with another standalone, and Apple Preview.

Tested in LC9.0.5 & LC9.5.0 - same results.

Hope you track down the issue.

Paul