Give a bug a hug

Heather Laine heather at livecode.com
Fri Oct 11 13:02:20 EDT 2019

For what its worth, I think this is the way to go. A totally community run initiative, with a bounty on bug fixes. Someone or several someones outside of the LiveCode team would need to take responsibility for setting up a structure. We'd love to see bugs being fixed, by members of the community. It's kind of the reason behind Open Source. There are plenty of bugs that would be suitable, which don't require deep dives into the engine. Pull requests arrive in the usual manner and get approved or fed back on in the normal scheme of things by our team. If this could be encouraged by a bounty on fixes, funded by the community, run by the community and entirely outside of LiveCode Ltd.'s scope, what's not to like? Our overstretched resources would be augmented by a community team, and the dual nature of the licensing would bear fruit in a new and productive manner. I like it.

Over to you.

Best Regards,

Heather

Heather Laine