Give a bug a hug

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Tue Oct 8 22:49:28 EDT 2019

https://livecode.com/trevor-devore-interviews-kevin-mark-on-infinite-livecode/

 >> A small number of people keep going round and round on this a large
 >> number of times.
 >>
 >> How many times will the same conversation happen before more recent
 >> information is absorbed?
 >
 > An excellent article. Which part was you pointing to in reference to
 > Lagi’s question about older campaigns funded that have still not met
 > the core?

There's a section in the middle listing off the accomplishments since
the Kickstarter, and some of the discussion goes into how much of that
was paid for out-of-pocket.

 > And which part do you refer to when asserting that absorption of info
 > is needed to reduce the same conversations recursion rate?

The portion of Lagi's post I had originally quoted in my reply:

     This is what I was talking about being treated like mushrooms
     - no communication as to what the future holds.- rough timescales
     as to when new or reassigned resources will be implemented - what
     is the intention with sqlite, 2d physics, Audio ....

He's one of about three people who keep going back to the Kickstarter
list as some form of eternal damnation against the team, and he knows
that I know that he's read comments here and in the forums from Kevin
and other team members that have discussed all of that over and over and
over and over again.

How many times does Kevin need to post a mea culpa about being among the
80% of software project leaders that underestimated cost?  Apparently
half a dozen isn't enough.

In summary: Most of the list was delivered, most of the remainder is in
the DB as feature requests to be completed as resources permit.

Kevin, Heather, Mark and others have been very forthcoming here about
what the company is working on, at least to the degree that this
community allows.  But there's not much allowance granted:

As they've explained many times, they've joined the majority of
companies less willing to offer loose projections about delivery times
precisely because of things like this.  If they give a projected
deadline and circumstances change, it will become a dominant and
repeated theme among a very small but very vocal minority.  This isn't
unique to LC; their previous candor was a distinction.  Now they operate
like everyone else, because the moment they dare to discuss anything not
already in the can they expose themselves to a continuation of this same
tediousness that every other company figured out how to avoid by keeping
cards close.

Wanna know what Apple's working on for 2020? Good luck.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems