Get Definition

Mark Wieder ahsoftware at sonic.net
Mon Oct 7 20:09:43 EDT 2019

On 10/7/19 9:28 AM, J. Landman Gay via use-livecode wrote:
> I don't have a current example, it happened when I was working on
> Swami's project which is almost entirely script-only stacks. I had to
> use BBEdit to search folders to find a handler definition.

So you're editing a script in the SE and it's got a reference to a
command that's in a script-only stack that isn't in memory?

Based on some of B's other posts, I'd guess that the script has the line
"start using stack xyz" but you're just editing the script and it hasn't
been put into play yet, so the "start using" command hasn't been
invoked. That makes sense to me, and I wouldn't expect the definition to
be found. If this is the case, is there a reason to invoke "start using"
instead of making the script a behavior?

--
  Mark Wieder
  ahsoftware at gmail.com