...and a challenge

Dar Scott Consulting dsc at swcp.com
Sun Oct 6 10:30:54 EDT 2019

It doesn't have to be text strings. It could be data (byte strings). This would be handy for using the base-16 method for computing pi. In my personal "slow math" library, I have tinkered with binary data, float encoded data, and number arrays, usually using a decimal point. Division is hard. I tinkered a bit with interval arithmetic and want to explore that more. That way I can have indefinite precision decimal intervals. Add complex and I will have to change my library to "very slow math".

One problem is readability.