Give a bug a hug

JJS jjs at krutt.org
Sat Oct 5 16:17:13 EDT 2019

I find this whole idea rather strange, although i understand where it is
coming from.

But, for example when i buy a car and it has bugs (in the warranty
period) it gets fixed for free.

Even if the car is out of warranty then some are called back to fix a
safety item, also for free.

If it is out of warranty, you have to pay.(like you don't pay anymore
for LC subscription)

You can also compare your LC subscription with a (company/private) lease
car.

As long as you pay then everything gets fixed, even new tires and
maintenance.

For things to be fixed more quickly in the Community version or new
wanted features i can imagine to have it fixed more quickly by funding it.

So maybe i can sell my software and if it has bugs, well..you have to
pay more to get it fixed.

I really doubt if you can find people (except for some LC hardliners)
who will pay to solve bugs.

People pay for  products, not bugs.