Give a bug a hug

Curry Kenworthy curry at pair.com
Sat Oct 5 12:56:19 EDT 2019

I have a very humble proposal to move things forward in more positive
manner, and entirely eliminate ALL negativity.

1. Start a Society for the Sanctuary and Protection of Pitiful, Even If
Not Always Very Endangered, Bugs. If someone even notices a bug and
looks at it, some little Bureaucrats and Activists will stare down that
person in an intimidating manner. If that isn't enough, and someone
actually reports a bug or (heaven forbid, and forgive me saying the
words) tries to brutally "fix" or "work around" one of these dear
creatures, it will be reported to the SSPPEINAVEB Chief and various
government agencies. The bug-hating person will be arrested, questioned,
defamed, tortured, perform a few years of community service taking care
of bugs, and then dispatched.

2. Waste not, want not. It's not very "green" and eco-friendly to just
"shoot the messenger" - that's so outdated and 1990s. Nowadays we need
to use a blunt object in the first place (less pollution and
contamination during the execution) and then more importantly utilize
the ex-messenger's body to help nourish more bugs. All kinds of bugs are
good. I envision a colony of old-fashioned insect bugs feeding on such
negative refuse, and their activity and waste harnessed to create
positive energy for generating more software bugs in an automated and
sustainable fashion. The more people complain, the more bodies
available, the more bugs we can have - that is literally turning
negativity and net loss into positive results! People whine, bugs dine.
(Bringing back the guillotine might also be an efficient tool in this
process to transform negative to positive.)

3. Love the bugs. Bugs are so often misunderstood and underappreciated.
How many bugs do you count as friends? Would you throw yourself in the
path of an oncoming bullet or mackerel to save a bug? I have many
friends who are bugs. I spend lots of time with bugs - I've met and
interacted extensively with dozens this year alone! Heck, I hope to one
day BE a bug and enjoy the protections and perks they have! They really
get to travel a lot, meet a lot of people, and be famous. They reduce
carbon and save energy when they shut down systems. And they never get
tired. So love them and promote da love - write songs, blog about bugs
in a positive way, adopt a bug, give a bug a hug, etc. Protect them with
your very life. Save and protect a bug today, and spread the love every
minute.

These three simple rules would eliminate negativity in both senses -
whether to point out the abundance of bugs or (perish the thought) to
reduce their ranks. Positive mentality and positive bug growth - that's
what we need to create a truly symbiotic future with our little friends!
Bugs are not the enemy - anyone who hates bugs is your enemy. Let a
million bugs flourish!

(And never heed heretics who caution to code carefully and aim for a
solid working product that customers new and old alike can depend on
with fewer frustrations. They may claim a supposed mutual benefit, but
following their depraved and evil notions would rob many deserving
bugs-to-be of their future earthly existence, not to mention the holy
hordes of current bugs, and throw our entire ecosystem into a
net-negative condition with many bug-lives lost.)

If you hear such outlandish blasphemies uttered, please contact
SSPPEINAVEB immediately for a generous bounty reward plus the famous "I
LUVV BUGGS" SSPPEINAVEB T-shirt, which - BTW - you should wear at all
times day and night to ensure that you are not mistaken for one of the
bug haters and apprehended to become a bug's banquet.

Give a bug a hug!

More bugs to report soon...dozens already reported...still many LC 7/8
bugs...good stable population of bugs...I was going to write an Ode to
Bugs as poetry or song, but decided on this SSPPEINAVEB and GABAH
instead; the more (bug-) "positive" approach.

Best wishes,

Curry Kenworthy

Custom Software Development
"Better Methods, Better Results"