[ANN] Release 9.0.5

panagiotis merakos panos.merakos at livecode.com
Fri Oct 4 07:53:00 EDT 2019

Dear list members,

We are pleased to announce the release of LiveCode 9.0.5 STABLE.

Getting the Release
===================
You can get the release at https://downloads.livecode.com/livecode/ or via
the automatic updater.

Release Contents
================
LiveCode 9.0.5 comes with more than 60 bugfixes, compared to the last
stable 9.0.x version (9.0.4), including fixes to several memory leaks that
had been around for a long time. Moreover, dozens of Dictionary entries
have been corrected and enhanced.

Finally, the random crashes when using the debugger and
adding/removing/stepping through red dot breakpoints have been fixed.

Note that this release is the *last* of the 9.0.x release cycle.

All these fixes - and many more - will be included in our new maintenance
release cycle, that is 9.5.x.

New features will now appear in the 9.6.x release cycle.

Known issues
================
- The Browser widget's native layer is not shown in some Linux distros with
Cinnamon window manager.
- The use of the Browser widget is not supported on Ubuntu 18.04 64 bit LTS
yet.

The full release notes are available from:

http://downloads.livecode.com/livecode/9_0_5/LiveCodeNotes-9_0_5.pdf

Feedback
========
Please report any bugs encountered on our BugZilla at
http://quality.livecode.com/

We have a forum available for discussing LiveCode Builder at
http://forums.livecode.com/viewforum.php?f=93

Have fun!
The LiveCode Team