...and Livecode... where are we now?

Pi Digital sean at pidigital.co.uk
Thu Oct 3 18:24:38 EDT 2019

Heather

Humbly, I think that would be a bit over the top to ban Richmond. I found it quite entertaining and somewhat truthful. I’m in quite a pleasant and rational state of mind at the moment so can look objectively at this.

 Having stared down the naked barrel of the gun in the hands of LC last year I can totally get where Richmond is coming from, and I’m a long time paying subscriber to LC several times over now. It IS very much distressing at times to have a product that struggles so much and so consistently. HTML5 is only my latest example of this. I only manage to maintain this good state of mind because of a huge amount of meds (far more than a normal human should have to take) and a really forgiving and kind client (supporter).

Please don’t ban Richmond as he is a valued member and goes through ups and downs like the rest of us. Sometimes, like me, they come out in a rant. Even if it was offensive (which is a subjective term), rude, ill-informed or whatever it is nonetheless a comment that should itself be valued and taken as genuine. Our views, even the bad ones, should be taken on the chin and counted as useful to LCs growth. By them you get to understand the Community you prize so highly (as well you should). If you don’t agree with what he said then that’s your prerogative (even as moderator) but it’s just a vented opinion and, as such, deserves the respect of any readers it gets.

Make the product better and maybe there’ll be nothing left to rant about ;)

Now let me get back to fixing HTML5 for you!! (Which my client says I’m a fool for doing seeing as we are paying you for “the gosh-darned thing” (some words replaced for the front of heart). He has a point but I just can’t see you getting it done anytime soon. Even me sending the PR doesn’t guarantee that we’ll see it go live in the next year or so for commercial use. )

If you are really demanding an apology, I would appreciate an even bigger one from your team for winding me up in hospital last year (which I and even my therapists/councillors throw cleanly at LCs doorstep). Anything less would possibly/likely be verging on hypocrisy.

All the very best to the very best of you all.

Sean Cole
Pi Digital Prod Ltd