publish and surprise

Mark Wieder ahsoftware at sonic.net
Tue Oct 1 23:52:38 EDT 2019

I have finally gotten around to noticing that LC9.x builds have opened
the publish-and-subscribe mechanism to arbitrary messages. I'm not sure
when this happened and I'm really not inclined to go searching through
all those release notes, but I'm ecstatic over the surprise discovery.
This means objects can register interest in certain messages to do
something like

object1:
revIDESubscribe "helloworld"

object2:
revIDESubscribe "helloworld"

object3:
ideMessageSendWithParameters "helloworld"

and both object1 and object2 will get notifications, fully implementing
the Publish-and-Subscribe design pattern.

Thank you team.

--
  Mark Wieder
  ahsoftware at gmail.com