Identifying Un-used functions and commands

Mark Wieder ahsoftware at sonic.net
Thu Nov 28 14:13:38 EST 2019

On 11/28/19 9:52 AM, J. Landman Gay via use-livecode wrote:
> We should verify whether we're looking for orphaned handlers or orphaned
> calls. If it's handlers I'd do something like:
>
> Scan all scripts for "end" & space to get a list of handlers
> Remove duplicates
> Scan all scripts for each handler name and keep a count
>
> If there's only two instances of the handler name, it's an orphan.

Um. No. It's a bit more complicated.
Removing duplicates without keeping track of the object script wouldn't
catch handlers of the same name in different scripts. And you'd want to
eliminate system messages from the list so that a closeStack handler,
for instance, wouldn't show up as an orphan.

--
  Mark Wieder
  ahsoftware at gmail.com