Identifying Un-used functions and commands

Quentin Long cubist at aol.com
Thu Nov 28 09:26:48 EST 2019

> Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2019 12:12:47 -0500
> From: Stephen MacLean <smaclean at madmansoft.com>
> To: How to use LiveCode <use-livecode at lists.runrev.com>
> Subject: Identifying Un-used functions and commands
>
> Hi All,
>
> I?m wondering if anyone has a way or code to identify any un-used functions and commands in a set of stacks?

Finding explicit function/command calls seems like it should be a fairly straightforward task. However, the "do" keyword can also be a source of function/command calls, which complicates matters a wee bit. You'll also need to evaluate all the non-cleartext components that can go into "do" statements—
do (VariableName)
do (the WhateverProp of ThisObject)
do (line 4 of fld "ThisField")
—etc etc etc.