Big App Mobile Download

Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami brahma at hindu.org
Wed Nov 27 23:28:23 EST 2019

[change thread title since it is a different subject from WebP-Tool]

Wow… Without changing the default setting, you get 200 MB! Or "limitless" if the users changes setting.

But: since we get "one push, two platforms" with LC…

Android; Google Play

https://developer.android.com/google/play/expansion-files

" If you'd like to avoid using expansion files and your app's compressed download size is larger than 100 MB, you should instead upload your app using Android App Bundles which allows for up to a 150 MB compressed download size. Additionally, because using app bundles defers APK generation and signing to Google Play, users download optimized APKs with only the code and resources they need to run your app. You don't have to build, sign, and manage multiple APKs or expansion files, and users get smaller, more optimized downloads. "

How can you make an " Android App Bundles" and/or "expansion files" from inside the SA builder in LC.  I don't see an option for that.

It would seem relatively easy to drive an "assets" folder to an expansion file and your core code to an App Bundle.

but, it appear we don't have parity (iOS and Android) in large size apps.

Do you have a lesson for this?

I assume you are referring to the maximum app size when downloading
from the App Store, in which case that limit has been removed with iOS
13.

https://ww.9to5mac.com/2019/05/31/apple-iphone-cellular-limit-increased/

--Andrew Bell