Commands on server and lack of examples

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Thu Nov 14 14:10:45 EST 2019

Thanks for looking into this, Brian.

My understanding of the team's approval of this IF addition is that
anyone adding "-f" to their call invoking a faceless LC engine assumes
responsibility if that breaks anything else they try to invoke later.

Down the road, the team would like to use "lazy font initialization",
described in that bug report in Peter Brett's comments.

This addition of a command line flag is merely a stop-gap, a way to
allow LC's natural efficiencies at so many tasks needed for CGI work to
run unimpeded by the mostly-unused overhead of loading fonts.

Given the potential for LC, with its glorious chunk expressions, to one
day rival Ruby and Python for CGI tasks, I hate to see adoption
inhibited by needless resource consumption.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems