DataGrid: load images when in view

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Fri Nov 8 15:25:41 EST 2019

Dan Friedman wrote:

 > Say you have a form DataGrid that is displaying 100 entries.  Each
 > entry has an image (loaded from a server) and some text.  When you
 > set the dgData, it will get all 100 images as it's building the rows.
 > This is obviously going to take some time to load.  Is there a way
 > to have the DataGrid only load the row's image when that row comes
 > into view?  This way it will load the images as they are needed.

That's how the DG works, by design, and the main reason for using it
over a collection of nested groups.

The DG will only populate rows as they are brought into view.  At any
given time the number of rendered rows = the number of visible rows.

I once made a media browser that allows access to 2600 images, and the
DG handled it like a champ.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems