Android Sleep

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Mon Nov 4 13:46:20 EST 2019

Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami wrote:
> I was testing in my app in Android. I kept getting "blank screens"
>
> Thinking "Oh No something is wrong!"
>
> ha, silly me! I has donea  factory reset, and the default is to go to sleep in 30 secs! Sheesh, and here I was thinking in was the app. One assumes, for example that you are a module and there is a LC process going on, that the phone would not sleep.
>
> On iOS it won't sleep unless there is no activity.(I think)
>
> But somehow on Android it sleeps right in middle, even  if a LC process is underway....
>
> Maybe that is normal android behavior.  or is the a way to override the sleep setting and android.

Is it sleeping when you're interacting with it, or just running with no
interaction?

When it's running without interaction, what is it doing for 30 seconds
while the user is idle?

I video media playback APIs keep the screen active.  Beyond that, if the
user isn't using the device Android will use the threshold you've set to
conserve power.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems