"empty" background in printed pdf is actually grey

doc hawk dochawk at gmail.com
Sat Nov 2 17:24:28 EDT 2019

On Nov 1, 2019, at 5:42 PM, Mark mentioned,

> Is it possible to pick up the background color from the mouseColor or the backgroundColor or something and set the background color of the field to that? (and obviously forget the bit about setting the blendlevel)

The problem there is that there may be writing underneath my field in the “source” pdf that I am “filling”, and I can’t obscure that.

Pdf can handle transparencies, and placing partially transparent images over others.

If I’m not missing something, it’s a bug in Livecode if it generates a pdf of a field with no backgroundColor and false opaque for Sheffield, card, and stack.

And as I mentioned, the “effective opaque” of the field reports as false.