FFI & VLC Player

Paul Dupuis paul at researchware.com
Thu May 30 11:49:48 EDT 2019

I am current dealing with LiveCode media headaches such as:

1) Inconsistency with media file formats supported between OSX AVF and
Microsoft DirectShow
2) Very limited set of formats for DirectShow without additional 3rd
party codec packs installed (we use LAV Filters)
3) Inconsistencies with the playRate property between platforms and
between codecs on Windows.
4) Controller bar irregularities in rendering and function

I would really like a solution that just works. To the extent we could,
Researchware would help with any effort that might lead to a better
solution for media playback in LiveCode.

For our apps we need the following media properties to work:
currentTime, startTime, endTime, playSelection, playRate (with playRates
from -n.n to 0 to +n.n) for both audio and video media.

Paul Dupuis
Cofounder
Researchware, Inc.