A problem with RunRev email account "sage.on-rev.com"

ambassador at fourthworld.com ambassador at fourthworld.com
Mon May 27 18:29:28 EDT 2019

Robert J. Earp wrote:

> Jim,
> I’ve had this before with other accounts, albeit not run-rev.  It’s
> always
> a problem with the server thinking I’m sending spam when eMailing to
> many
> addresses.  Even if you get the IP address removed from a blacklist you
> run
> the risk of it getting put on again without any notification.  I
> suggest
> you use MailChimp, it’s free and works like a charm.

Or get a dedicated IP for your mail server, or become a mail admin and
set up your own system for handling mail, or....

The other solution is to shut down vigilantism.

Collective punishment is recognized by the Universal Declaration of
Human Rights as flat-out wrong.  Why do we tolerate it in cyberspace
with spam vigilantes?

I respect the difficulty of fighting spam, but knocking hundreds of
legitimate accounts offline because one user of a machine is criminal is
like shooting up a an entire neighborhood of families to get one bank
robber.

I've tried contacting some of the vigilante spam fighters to get white
listed, with varying results. Many respond to such requests with a
presumption of guilt, making it not only unnecessarily difficult to
resolve the issue, but just plain rude as well.

IP whitelisting must be made simple and straightforward.  Vigilantes
should recognize that it's far better to let a spammer slip through the
prevention system than to risk preventing legitimate people from
conducting their business through email.

But they don't.

So we need to take away their ropes and their hangin' trees, and turn
their zeal down a few notches to rejoin a fair and just society.

- rg/4w