Player object controller bar

Paul Dupuis paul at researchware.com
Sat May 25 13:19:43 EDT 2019

On 5/25/2019 11:37 AM, Paul Dupuis via use-livecode wrote:
> On 5/25/2019 11:10 AM, Paul Dupuis via use-livecode wrote:
>> If you are on Pause, the Forward and Rewind arrows step forward or
>> backwards by  frame
>> If you are on Play, the Forward and Rewind arrows fast forward or
>> rewind (currently not working under Windows in LC904/5)
>> Play and Pause toggle between one another
>> Dragging the thumb changes the current time
>>
>> However, Alt (Win) or Opt(OSX) clicking forward or rewind arrows
>> jumps you to the end or start respectively
>>
>> I'd like to know what other modifier key in combination with visible
>> controls do what? Without having to try every possible combination of
>> keys and clicking.
>>

> Another example, SHIFT Clicking on the Forward/Rewind area changes it
> to a blue slider, which does WHAT?
>
> I can find no documentation on the player's object controller bar. I
> assume it must exists, but I just can't find it.

I stand corrected (a tiny bit) as I finally found this among the
LiveCode Lessons: http://lessons.livecode.com/m/4603/l/44283-using-players
It actually has an annotated picture (at
https://media.screensteps.com/image_assets/assets/001/160/690/original/36c81ebf-9b3a-4610-a259-fbc2eacd2843.png)
of the controller and the sparse notation:
"The controller that appears at the bottom of the player allows the user
to start and stop play back(1), control the volume(2) and move to a
certain point in the sound file or movie(3,4)."

And, yea, I probably could have tried every key and click combination in
the time I have spent searching for documentation :-(