Windows 64

Matthias Rebbe matthias_livecode_150811 at m-r-d.de
Fri May 24 07:50:41 EDT 2019

Hi Richmond,

1. Yes
2. Every 64-bit Windows is able to run 64-bit apps, but also 32-bit apps, but not vice versa.
64-bit Windows versions do not prefer 64-bit apps, but there might be reasons (e.g. memory, performance) where it would be better to use the 64-bit version of an app.
It depends on the apps.
3. LC IDE is 64-bit, but could run in 32-bit mode on pre-Mojave systems. If i remember right, you had to right click on the LC IDE app bundle, select Info and then there was a 'run as 32-bit' (or so) option to check.
 I have just upgraded to Mojave, so i cannot describe better, as i cannot try.

Regards,

Matthias

Matthias Rebbe

free tools for Livecoders: