9.5 DP 1 Unadorned - LayerMode - Container

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Thu May 23 12:59:14 EDT 2019

On Thu, May 23, 2019 at 11:10 AM J. Landman Gay via use-livecode <

> On 5/23/19 8:39 AM, Monte Goulding via use-livecode wrote:
> >
> >> On 23 May 2019, at 8:01 am, Trevor DeVore via use-livecode <
> >>
> >> On Thu, May 23, 2019 at 7:30 AM Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami via
> use-livecode

> >> My understanding is that the group must have showborder set to false and
> >> opaque set to false.
> >
> > Also no graphic effects, blendMode etc.
>
> Also no label. I wasn't aware opacity mattered.

I just did a quick test involving going through the property inspector for
a group and changing properties. I have confirmed that the following
properties will cause a group that is assigned the layerMode of "container"
to have an effective layerMode of  "static":

- opaque
- showBorder
- showname
- hscrollbar/vscrollbar
- dropShadow, innderShadow, outerGlow, innerGlow, and colorOverlay

In addition, the acceleratedRendering of the stack must be true or the
group will always have an effective layermode of "static".

--
Trevor DeVore
ScreenSteps