Livecode Array Encoding / Decoding using other platforms?

ambassador at fourthworld.com ambassador at fourthworld.com
Tue May 21 22:33:28 EDT 2019

Tom Glod wrote:

> My LC written client will send to cloud for long term storage on the
> livecloud system...... but then I will have to pull the data to
> aggregate,
> count, and analyze it to show data interesting and useful points to the
> customers..  As much as I love LC I really want to do the right thing
> and
> use a high performing language to do that.  Something like Rust.

Rust has a reputation for performing on par or better than C++, but not
C. If speed alone is the language determiner, why not C?

> Each new (1) customer (a school) will usually be 1500+ users who create
> 150,000+ records or more.  So it will add up quickly.

I don't know the details of the aggregate operations, but my first
reaction to queries across millions of records is that storage and
deserialization speed aren't as big an opportunity for performance as
not brute-forcing your way through the records at all, using an index
instead.

-- rg/4w