Seeking confirmation of a bug...

Curry Kenworthy curry at pair.com
Sun May 19 09:00:00 EDT 2019

Richmond:

 > So, if one is a dedicated bug-hunter one has to, then, work one's
 > way back through (potentially) an awful lot of versions of LC to
 > pin down when that bug started manifesting itself.

Only if one is jumping down a rabbit hole! That's a completely different
matter, not related to my post. Could be a fun rabbit hole I guess, if
you enjoy that sort of thing.

 > So, "for the sake of sausages":
 > 1. I find a bug in LC 9.0.4

No you don't; that's the problem. If you were the hypothetical
newest-build-only type (which I've long known known that you're not) and
if this bug is not in-your-face obvious, you might not notice it. You
wouldn't be sneaking off to your beloved 7.1.4.

Fortunately in real life you're taking the position that you're arguing
against here, and therefore in better shape to catch regressions. Good
job! You're all set.

Best wishes,

Curry Kenworthy

Custom Software Development