Seeking confirmation of a bug...

Paul Hibbert paul at livecode.org
Fri May 17 14:42:59 EDT 2019

On May 16, 2019, at 07:32, Klaus major-k via use-livecode <use-livecode at lists.runrev.com> wrote:
>> From the dictionary about "anser file ... with type..."
>> If more than one type is specified, a drop-down list containing the tags will be displayed allowing the user to select which types of files to display. (This list is always displayed on Windows systems).
>
> maybe the dictionary should read: "This list is ONLY displayed on Windows systems”?

I may be a bit late to this discussion, but I’ve recently been working on a small app that works with Movie files and the following syntax works fine on macOS Mojave 10.14.4 with LC 9.0.4 Stable and does show a drop down choice list…

answer file "Play Video file..." with type "mp4 File|mp4" or type "m4v File|m4v" or type "Movie File|mov" as sheet

Selecting a file type in the drop down menu does isolate the appropriate files and greys out all others.

However, if I use the syntax discussed, I don’t see the drop down choice menu, but other than that, it does work with all three file types being available for selection…
answer file "Play Video file..." with type "mp4 File,m4v File,Movie File|mp4,m4v,mov" as sheet

Paul