Seeking confirmation of a bug...

Klaus major-k klaus at major-k.de
Thu May 16 11:06:59 EDT 2019

Hi Paul,

> Am 16.05.2019 um 16:35 schrieb Paul Dupuis via use-livecode <use-livecode at lists.runrev.com>:
>
> On 5/16/2019 10:26 AM, Klaus major-k via use-livecode wrote:
>> answer file "sdsdds" with type "PNG, JPEG|png,jpg|"
>
> You only  tested with 1 type. Download the test stack from the bug report or try
> answer file "sdsdds" with type ("PNG Files|png"&cr&"JPEG Files|jpg")
> to actually have more than one "type" specified - it goes by type tags not the extensions listed

since FILETYPES will be meaningless in the current and future versions of macOS, I never tried this syntax. :-)

My first script
answer file "sdsdds" with type "PNG, JPEG|png,jpg|"
actually ONLY shows PNG and JPEG files in the dialog as exspected!

Your script:
answer file "sdsdds" with type ("PNG Files|png"&cr&"JPEG Files|jpg")
DOES in fact show the dropdown but lets me select ANY file in the dialog,
no matter what I select in that drop-down list.

Hint:
The correct old-style real Mac FILETYPE would be JPEG and PNGƒ in this case.

I tried different combinations, didn't work either.
Finally this one "kinda" works, but will return the filename in IT AND the result:
answer file "sdsdds" with type ("PNG,Jpeg" & "|png" & CR & "jpg|")
See, I left out the actual FILETYPE parameter, as it it meaningless in current macOS versions.
They are leftovers from MascOS <= 9

Looks like the CR in the "extensions" parameter forces the list to appear, although I did not
get it to work correctly.

Best

Klaus
--